Friday, February 3, 2017

Christmas Eve/OUR Christmas Day!

When you are married to a fireman, you are required to adjust your schedule every now and then to work around firehall days. Sometimes the holidays fall just right and no adjustments need to be made... Christmas 2016 was not one of those years. Luckily I am used to it and we just roll with the flow!
So since Josh had to work on Christmas Day, we did our Christmas on Christmas Eve morning.
On Christmas Eve Eve, as soon as we got home from the Baldwin's, we got started on our Christmas eve traditions!
I read Twas the Night Before Christmas to the girls, they put on their Christmas pajamas, and we headed out to spread our magic reindeer hay!


I tried to skip the hay this year, but these two wouldn't hear of it!
Then we set out milk and cookies for Santa..
 And one last pose in front of the Christmas tree!
And then they were off to bed! They were both tired from the day, as were their parents! Pretty sure we all slept like babies!!
The next morning, my alarm went off bright and early! Graddy and Mrs. Kathy would be there at 7 to see the girls get up and open their presents! I love this tradition. We have done it since Brenna was a baby. Mom and Dad have always come to our house on Christmas morning to watch Brenna enjoy all of her new Santa prizes and toys from Mommy and Daddy. Last year Graddy was there without fail. And this year Kathy joined us! What a difference a couple of years makes. My heart was sad- missing Mom on her favorite holiday. I am sure there will always be something missing each Christmas morning for me. But my heart was so happy to have Kathy there with us to continue the tradition.
I snapped these pictures before we got the girls up.
As the kids get older...the toys get smaller...

Macie's stash!

Balloon animal kit and crystal making kit for both kids

Brenna's camera, speaker, and disco ball
Sleepy girls!
Her #1 gift!
This girl is all about her Peppa!
After they had gone through all of their Santa stuff, Josh and I told them that their big gift from us was on the back porch....
A new go cart!!! Happy girls!!! They weren't too sure what to think at first, but they loved it!! Macie was especially a little hesitant- but I think she has enjoyed it more than Brenna!
It didn't take long for them to get the hang of it!
And then it was time to give rides! Pops was first!
And if you aren't going fast enough up the hill...you need a little extra nudge from Daddy!
Smiles were plentiful!
Next we went inside to open presents.
This girl loves to draw

Of course Mrs. Kathy had to check out her new puzzles! They are puzzle buddies!

Peppa Pig...go figure! 

This was this year's "flop" gift. Night vision spy goggles. They didn't work. Then when I went to exchange them, they didn't have any more. ugh.

We saw this shirt in Disney, and I KNEW Dad had to have it!!! So I ordered it!
After presents, it was time for our traditional Billy Cakes breakfast! The girls jumped on the opportunity to do some go cart riding while Daddy cooked.
But before he cooked, he had to be taken for a ride!
The next sucker or victim I mean rider! was Graddy! And getting him in it was a sight to see!!
But he did it! And they were OFF!! Macie was his chauffeur. And as she pulled up and Graddy started to get out, she said "do you want to go again?" As he was saying yes, and getting positioned back in his seat- she HIT the gas and they were OFF! I laughed so hard I cried! 

He survived!!
But it was a little more touch and go for Memaw! You could hear her laughing and screaming all over the yard!
But I believe her face tells the true story of how she felt about the whole thing!
After the rides were over, we went inside and enjoyed our yummy breakfast!
I love our Christmas morning traditions, and that our family lives close enough to be involved!
After everyone left, the girls played with their new stuff, Josh took a nap, and I got the food going for our NEXT Christmas adventure that night....Jackson Family Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment