Friday, February 17, 2017

Christmas Day 2016

Since Josh had to work Christmas Day, the girls and I got up that morning and loaded up to go spend the day at Graddy's house. We met them before church and dropped Jake off and our "stuff" for the day, and loaded up and went to church with them.
I loved that it looked like we all planned our outfits for the day! (even though we did not)
Gosh Brenna looks grown up in this picture!

Merry Christmas from the Johnson clan!

Dad and Kathy

If only Josh could have been here too....
After church we went back to Dad and Kathy's to just hang out for the rest of the day. It was great to just relax and rest. We made some soups, I baked some cookies, and the girls played. Larry and Jeri came by along with Katelyn and Dillon for a little bit and visited, and Mrs. Jackie came over after she went to her son's house for a while.
Macie enjoyed doing a puzzle with Mrs. Kathy and Mrs. Jackie. This girl loves her some puzzles!

And she enjoyed hanging out in her Graddy's lap!

And I promise Brenna was there too! But she doesn't tend to hang out with us as much as Macie does these days. She spent her day watching movies on the lap top and playing on her ipad- therefore she didn't make it in many pictures!
Later that day we went over to Nina's to see her for a while. She had just gotten back from Germany and had some prizes for the girls! Their favorite was the coocoo clock! They played the reindeer antler ring toss and threw it on to Nina's head....but I didn't get a single picture! Dang it! This was the only picture I got at her house...and surprise surprise... it's of Macie! Seriously- I gotta work on my Mom skills. They were lacking this day! I blame it on exhaustion!
After Nina's house, us girls went home and called it an early night. I was totally worn out, as were the girls. We went all out and had frozen sausage, egg, and cheese biscuits for Christmas dinner (haha!- don't feel sorry for us- it was by choice!) and were in bed before 9 pm! I call that a success!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment