Monday, March 28, 2011

Macie Claire Pool

May 11, 2010
Born at 5:23 pm
7lbs 12 oz
20 1/2 inches

Dear Macie,
This post is for you my Little Bear. You light up our day with your sweet smile each morning. I look forward to opening your bedroom door each day because I know you are standing there at the end of your bed just waiting for me to come in and get you. And as soon as I walk in, you start to grin from ear to ear and my heart just melts. I will never forget the day you joined our family to make it complete. I had always heard when you have a second child that your heart just grows and you love more than you ever imagined you could. I wasn't sure how all that worked...until I held you in my arms for the first time.
Daddy and I found out that you were going to be joining our family two days after your sister broke her collar bone. We were thrilled beyond belief! We were so excited that God had once again given us a miracle. Our family of four would finally be complete. Brenna was a little over 2 1/2, and we knew the timing was perfect.
This time around we weren't presented with the opportunity to tell everyone at one big party, so we did it individually. We told MeMawMom and Graddy one night, and Pops and Memaw the next night. On both occasions, we let your Big Sister tell them. It required some coaching on our part to get her to say "I'm gonna be a big sister", but it worked, and they were all VERY excited! Brenna would smile and say she was excited, but I am pretty sure she had absolutely no idea what was going on!
The months that we waited on your arrival were some of the happiest and hardest times of our lives. Daddy and I went through some pretty serious tragedies, the last one being Daddy breaking his arm and being in the hospital for 13 days-one month before your due date! But through all of it, you and Brenna were what got us through. There were many days I would come home and wonder how it was all going to work out and where I was going to find the strength to go on. It would be on those especially hard days that I would cuddle up in bed next to Brenna and feel reassuring kicks from you and I knew all was going to be ok in our world! I spent every day dreaming of how wonderful it was going to be to watch my two daughters grow up together and love each other. I knew that the two of you would have a special bond that only sisters can understand.
Your original due date was scheduled for May 18, but due to your size (and my ever increasing discomfort!), Dr. Robbins decided we would induce on May 11. I will never forget driving home the day we set the date and smiling from ear to ear because I finally knew when I would actually get to see your face and hold you. You had been the light at the end of the tunnel that we had been focusing on for months, and our light was about to become a reality!
We got up early on the morning of the 11th and got everything ready to go to the hospital. We decided to let Brenna stay in bed because it was really early, so Aunt Kim came over to stay with her and take her to Ms Nikki's after she woke up. I knew that her life was about to change drastically, so I wanted the day to be as normal for her as possible. Right before we walked out the door, I had Aunt Kim snap our "headed to the hospital" picture!
The anticipation of finally seeing you was almost more than I could stand!
Graddy and MeMawMom followed us to the hospital so that they could help unload all of our stuff since Daddy still couldn't use his left arm. We decided to take one last pre-Macie picture.
This picture shows what Daddy's arm looked like when you were born. He couldn't move it at all. (I secretly think it was his way to get out of diaper duty!! just kidding of course!)
The day seemed to move pretty slowly. We had lots of company, which I loved! I needed something to take my mind off of the time. Aunt Kristi and Aunt Ashli showed up to keep me company. Lots of people were in and out all day long, so it really made the time go by faster. I kept praying all day that you would come in a more timely fashion than your sister. Apparently God heard my prayer, and you were finally placed in my arms at 5:23pm! It was amazing. I already knew that I loved you, but as soon as I saw your sweet face, I was filled with more emotion than I had ever felt before. I was smiling from ear to ear and bawling at the same time. You had been inside of me for the last 9 months, and you were my constant partner in daily life. You were there with me through all of the obstacles life had thrown at us, and now I was finally looking into the eyes of the little person that had been my light, my hope. You looked up at me and reassured me that everything would be ok. The size of my heart doubled in that very moment. You were 7 pounds and 12 ounces of perfection.

I couldn't wait to introduce you to your sister. I wanted to see my two beautiful girls together. So before anyone else got to see you, Daddy went out and got Brenna and brought her back to meet you. She was instantly in love!

My two little girls
Next, we called for your grandparents to come back and see you. I was one proud Mama as I introduced them to you.

You can totally see the love in their faces! The love was on Graddy's face too, but he was too busy snapping pictures for this photo op!
Pops and Memaw
MeMawMom and Graddy
Everyone couldn't wait to meet you. Our room filled with family and friends very quickly! You were a great sport as everyone passed you around and got to love on you. Mommy was a little more laid back this time around and was willing to share you-for a few minutes. ;)

I love how Daddy can't take his eyes off of you in this picture. You made our family complete.
Our first night together went just as I expected for it to. There was very little sleep that went on, but I was totally ok with that! All I wanted to do was hold you anyway, so that is pretty much what I did. Daddy attempted to get some sleep on the fold out couch, but with his arm that was easier said than done. But he was a really good sport. Even though he was limited in what he could do to help, he was always asking "what can I do?" "What do you need?"  He was (and always is) my rock. I came out of the bathroom at one point that first night, and this is what I found in my bed.....
His elbow didn't bend at all, but he figured out a way to do what needed to be done!
The next morning, Dr. Robbins came by to check on us, so we had to get a picture of her with you! We were so grateful for all she had done for us. My first Dr. quit when I was 7 months pregnant, and I was devastated. But as always, God was watching out for us and we found Dr. Robbins. She was amazing!
Dr. Cynthia Robbins and Macie Claire
I couldn't wait for Brenna to get back to the hospital that next day. She was spending a few days with Aunt Emily and Uncle Joey, so as soon as she got out of CDO, Aunt Emily brought her up to see us. The first thing she said is "I want to hold my sister". Talk about melting a Mommy's heart!! I made sure that I tried to stop whatever I was doing (if possible) and let her hold you any time she asked. I wanted her to feel like a special part of all of this. It was hard at times, because she wanted to hold you a LOT. But it was ok, because I loved to see her look at you and kiss you.
Such a great big sister
This is my #1 favorite picture of the two of you. You can see the pride in Brenna's eyes.
A Family of Four photo op!!!
We had a lot of visitors that day, but there was also a lot of down time too. Daddy and I enjoyed just holding you and getting to know you. I was scared your skin might get irritated from all of the kisses!
You had such a beautiful complexion. I couldn't believe the nurses let you scratch your face while they had you for observation!
The next morning, we were eager to get out of the hospital and get you home. It seemed to take forever for them to come and discharge us. But you were dressed all pretty and ready to go home. You wore the same dress home that Brenna did. I searched high and low for something to bring you home in, but nothing hit me as just right for the occasion. Nina had purchased Brenna's coming home outfit and I already knew it was special, so I decided that is what you would wear. Aunt Kim got your adorable rhinestone shoes. :)

Nina made this blanket especially for you
All loaded up in your car seat and ready to go
Brenna was so excited to get home that afternoon and see you. Of course the first thing she wanted to do was hold you!
SISTERS!!
We were so glad to have our newest miracle home with us. Every time I look at your smiling face, I am reminded of how awesome our God really is. Daddy and I are so blessed to be allowed to be your parents, and you make each day a wonderful new adventure. Although I know that you and Brenna will occasionally have to share my time, you will NEVER have to share my love. I have an endless supply of love for both of you! You were the perfect piece to complete our puzzle. You make us whole. I love you my little Claire Bear and I am very honored to be your Mommy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment